Britt Bravo tagged me in a meme called “five-a-day” which was started to encourage mental wellbeing.
Here are my top five things to do every day (or every week) to stay mentally healthy:
- Yoga. Yoga is an amazing stress reliever and helps to clear my mind, too. Can’t beat yoga bliss from Sean’s class at Namaste Yoga and Laura’s class at Monkey Yoga. Or simply do what Larry Schultz from my It’s Yoga teacher training calls the “minimum daily requirement” – five Sun Salutation A’s and five Sun Salutation B’s (which fits nicely with the “five-a-day” theme!).
- Getting up without an alarm clock. This has been one of the biggest benefit of working for myself! I feel so much better mentally and physically now that I wake up according to my own rhythms. On those rare occasions when I do have to get up early, I use my BioBrite SunRise Clock.
- Surrounding myself with beauty. One of my core value strings is Beauty / Creativity / Creating Beauty / Style / Inspiration / Self Expression / Uniqueness / Emotions. I feel so much better when I take in the beauty that’s all around me – whether that be admiring nature while I’m walking my dog, reading a touching story, appreciating inspiring artwork or creating art of my own.
- Reflecting on what I am grateful for. This always helps me put things in perspective. I usually include something I’m grateful for when I journal in the morning.
- Reading. Learning and personal growth are also core values of mine. So, I’m always reading a self-help and/or business book and something inspirational and creative.
- Jamie Ridler
- Leah Piken Kolidas
- Jennifer Moore
- Ananda Leeke
Now off to yoga class! Namaste.
Was tagged by Matlide for a 7 random things about me meme. Thanks Matilde!
Here are the rules:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself. Tag 7 random people participating in nablopomo at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So, here it goes…
- I can burp the alphabet.
- I’m a really speedy speed player (and quite a sore loser when it comes to pretty much any card or board game, so watch out).
- I missed my high school graduation day to compete in Dramatic Interpretation at the national speech championships in Fargo, ND (was cool to be able to say I’d been to Fargo once the movie of the same name came out!).
- My husband and I met at our college newspaper.
- My favorite movie when I was in junior high school was Sixteen Candles. I could recite practically every line. Ironically, my brother got married the day before my sweet 16 (in the movie Samantha’s sister gets married the day after). Alas, there was no Jake Ryan and no red Porsche waiting outside the church for me! ;).
- I’m a total Elmyra when it comes to my dog . He’s just so cute I can’t stand it!
- My mom taught me how to knit a few Christmases ago when I was sick with the stomach flu and bored out of my mind.
- Paul at Invisible Lives
- Shea at Cakes and Icing
- Caren at The Skeptic Yogi
- Marilyn at The Land of Moo
- Bodhi Dreaming
I’m tired and need to go to bed, so I’ve just tagged 5 and I’ll call it a night.
Today I felted yet another spotty basket. I went to the yarn shop yesterday and got some different colors, so I’m looking forward to experimenting with new color combos now that this one is done.