With the year coming to a close, I took some time today to reflect back on 2010. In 2008 and 2009 I made exploding boxes to commemorate the year and this year I decided to make another one. It is such a fun keepsake!
What I’m celebrating from 2010:
- Turned in Right-Brain Business Plan manuscript in April, (plus illustrations and photos in the summer)
- Led three sessions of the Right-Brain Business Plan e-Course
- Completed Expressive Arts Teacher Training program
- Led intuitive painting playshops
- Led an expressive arts e-Course during the wishfull retreat on the wishstudio
- Led a Right-Brain Business Plan session at ARTpreneur conference in Cornwall, Canada
- Completed two-year role as co-leader of the Co-Active Network Creative Artists community
- Did various interviews, guest posts, and podcasts
- The Right-Brain Business Plan e-Book got mentioned in Entrepreneur Magazine
- Worked on business infrastructure to support growth
- Volunteered at CEO Women
- Attended business training seminars
- Participated regularly in bi-weekly Nurture Huddle calls
- Invested in high-end mentoring program
- Participated in Art Every Day month for the fourth year
- Did morning journaling and read lots and lots of books
Wealth & Abundance
- Hired a new, super awesome bookkeeper
- Worked with bookkeeper to develop a budget and forecast
- Kept up with monthly managing the moola
- Put myself back on payroll for most of the year
Health & Wellbeing
- Practiced yoga regularly
- Attended step, body conditioning, and Zumba classes
- Went swimming on hot, sunny days
- Tried acupuncture for the first time
- Treated myself to getting a massage every once in a while
- Honored my self-care Fridays
- Spent quality time with Brian
- Parents took Brian, me, and my brother’s family on a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
- Hung out with family and friends
- Ninth year of book club fun
- Moved from shared office to my own creative space
- Had housecleaner come regularly
- Organized dresser drawers
Fun & Recreation
- Seattle trip with the bellas
- Went to Squam with Leah and met lots of cool creative peeps
- Lunch dates with friends
- Treated myself to Fluevogs
- Played more with photography this year, became obsessed with Hipstamatic and now am addicted Instagram on my iPhone
My reflection questions:
What was the most exciting, heart-stirring thing that happened in your life and/or business this year?
I finished writing my book. It was a challenging, all-consuming, and super-exciting process. I can’t wait for it to come out in February.
What was your biggest learning?
I have extremely unreasonable expectations about what I can get done. I need to give myself a break. Really!
How did you stretch yourself?
Putting together the book definitely stretched me. I invested in a high-end mentoring program with Andrea J. Lee. This was a stretch financially and also mentally because it means I’m stepping into my business in a much bigger way which is a little scary and also super exciting.
What did you enjoy doing that you want to do more of?
More yoga, more time with friends, more nourishing self-care Fridays, more creative time.
What do you need to stop doing or let go of?
Feeling like I need to do everything (and getting down on myself when I’m not able to).
What new opportunities are available for 2011 and beyond?
Leveraging the book launch to expand my reach further and to grow my business more, developing new offerings for creative entrepreneurs, creating coaching programs, developing new products, speaking, having more free time, more fun collaborative projects with creative cohorts, a vacation with just me and Brian, and much more!