My self-care Fridays seem extra special during the summertime. The gorgeous sunny days and balmy breeze invite a carefree spirit.
Here’s how I’ve honored my self-care Friday so far today:
- Went for a dip in the pool
- Lounged in my backyard hammock
- Got creative inspiration from flipping through Maira Kalman’s The Principles of Uncertainty
- Sipped a luscious blueberry smoothie
- Picked blackberries from the wild brambles that randomly grow in my backyard (maybe they’ll go into tomorrow’s smoothie!)
I love how peaceful it is to look up at the canopy of green leaves rustling in the breeze. It’s the perfect place to have my own zen-like mini-vacation.
How do you slow down and savor during the summer? What self-care practices can you incorporate into your life this weekend?
For more ideas on self-care and slowing down this summer, check out my final post on the wishstudio.