I guess you could say I’m a bit of a self-help geek considering my idea of a good time for ringing in the new year consists of paper, glue, and reflection instead of bubbly, confetti, or noise makers. I enjoyed finishing my year-in-review exploding box to commemorate 2009 and reflecting on my end-of-year inquiries as a follow-up to listing what I’m celebrating from the year.
What are you most proud of?
- Setting the intention that I would land a book deal and sticking through the process even when it was challenging and disheartening.
- Showing up fully right from the get-go at my Expressive Arts Teacher Training (especially in light of it being at the same location where I had a difficult time a few years before).
- Trusting my creative flow.
What was your biggest learning?
- Having fabulous, inspiring, and supportive creative cohorts is essential. Collaborating with the right people makes all the difference.
- Valuable growth comes from failure. It’s part of the process.
How did you stretch yourself?
- I hit the road a lot this year – attending the book expo, leading workshops, giving talks, and visiting friends.
- Last year I got tons of great experience doing work through other groups and organizations, but this year I stretched myself by focusing on and growing my own body of work.
Who did you lean on for support?
- I’m so very grateful for all the wonderful support I have from my husband. He provides me with lots of encouragement and he helps me in so many ways.
- I don’t know where I’d be without my amazing book coach, Jan King. She helps me through every step of this publishing journey.
- My mentor and intuitive painting teacher, the wise and generous Chris Zydel.
- The Nurture Huddle.
- My friends, family, and my fellow creative entrepreneurs.
How will you celebrate who you’ve become?
- Doing my reflection exercises has been a meaningful way for me to celebrate. I’m also looking forward to doing more work in Leonie’s gorgeous 2010 Goddess Planner.
- Tomorrow I’m going to go to a New Years Day yoga class. I know it will be a great way to kick off the new year.
- Keep honoring my self-care Fridays and scheduling a massage for January.
- Oh, and I just might buy myself a new pair of designer jeans!
Happy New Year! Wishing you a wonderful 2010!