My husband is the tech-geek of the family, however, I must say that I love my iPhone. I’m lusting after the new one with video and voice command, but will be patient for our next upgrade. In the meantime, there are several apps that make my life so much easier and more fun.
I’ve highlighted some of my favorites here:
- Vision Board Delux – The awesome Carla White just launched her new Vision Board app today. Yay, Carla! I’ve been having fun playing around with it. Since I’m a big believer in vision boards (I’ve created my own portable vision board kit), I love that I now have a digital version that allows me to easily move things around. I can create boards for very specific goals and also add my own positive affirmations. Plus, Carla’s got inspiring images from a featured artist that you can add to your board.
- Gratitude – Another one of Carla’s creations. This was one of the first apps that I downloaded because it’s right up my alley. I love what Carla has created with this simple way of noting what you’re grateful for each day. Plus the icon is just plain cute!
- iMantra – This app is loaded with lots of mantra options to help you meditate or feel more grounded. You can also move the virtual mala beads for an even more meditative experience.
- SUZU Meditate – A simple app that let’s you set a singing bowl to chime after a set period of time.
- TED – Love TED videos and love that I can watch them easily on my iPhone!
- To Do which I sync with Toodledo – It’s easy for me to organize and keep track of my tasks on my laptop and also access them on my iPhone.
- Calendar synced with Google Calendar – I love using my Google calendar, so I was thrilled when I was finally able to sync it to the iPhone Calendar.
- Kindle for iPhone – Originally I wasn’t into reading books on my phone. I did used to have the Rocket eBook when my husband worked for Nuvomedia, so I’m not opposed to electronic books. It’s just the iPhone screen is pretty darn small for reading. However, I must admit that when I finished reading my library copy of Twilight for my book club, I just had to immediately download the next title in the series. I was hooked (on both Kindle for iPhone and yes, the Twilight series!). I love having multiple books to choose from at the touch of the screen and that I can read easily in the dark.
- MileBug – I was more than happy to say goodbye to stuffing a pen and notebook in the car door pocket and having to enter all the data into a spreadsheet. Now I just plug my trips in my iPhone, run a report at the end of the month and e-mail it to my bookkeeper.
- HopStop – Helped me get around NYC by subway during my last trip.
- Tweetie and Facebook – For feeding my social networking addiction on-the-go.
- WordPress for iPhone – Great for approving comments when I’m away from my computer.
I also love to upload photos of my collaged vision boards, values cards, art and other inspiring pictures so I can access them for inspiration on-the-go and even rotate them as my screensaver for visual reminders.
I’d love to hear what apps you find useful, fun and inspiring. What are your favorites?