I’ve been posting about my daily gives directly on my page on the 29-Day Giving Challenge site. More of my insights are included there. If haven’t joined the challenge yet, I recommend giving it a try. It’s fun and doesn’t have to be a big to do. And yet, there’s so much power in the act of simply giving.
Anyway, here’s a quick recap of what I’ve given over the past week or so.
- Day 6: Picked up my friend Fiona from her training, drove us to the city for some shopping and then saw her off at the airport.
- Day 7: Baked some cookies and left them in my neighbor’s mailbox. She’s always giving doggie treats (she calls them cookies) to Emmett, so I thought it would be nice to give her some cookies, too.
- Day 8: Gave a client an extra copy I had of the book Money Magic.
- Day 9: Lent money on kiva.org to a Cambodian family so they could buy supplies for their art business.
- Day 10: Put a surprise gift in a package of business materials that I had to send to a friend.
- Day 11: Signed up for a widget that helps to track and offset my online carbon footprint on my site. My small way of giving back to the environment.
- Day 12: Picked cala lilies from my garden and gave them to my friend along with an inspirational book.