At the end of the year, I like to spend some time reflecting on what I learned and accomplished. First, I start making a list of all the things big and small that I’m celebrating. Then, I journal about what my big learnings were. I also enjoy doing something artsy and visual to commemorate the year, like the exploding box I made for 2008. For other creative ideas, check out my latest Musepreneur column on the wishstudio.
What I’m celebrating from 2009:
- Enjoyed working with more new clients and continuing to support my long-term clients. I’ve been blown away by the courageous and inspiring work they’ve all been up to this year.
- Went to Book Expo America in May with a book proposal and sell sheets in hand.
- Wrote and sent out book proposal for Right-Brain Business Plan in June.
- Signed book contract for Right-Brain Business Plan with New World Library in December. Woohoooo!!
- Set up affiliate program for Right-Brain Business Plan e-Book.
- Gave design facelifts to this blog, my Unfolding Your Life Vision kit site, and my Right-Brain Business Plan site.
- Led the Inner Muse group coaching teleclass.
- Held Right-Brain Business Plan workshops.
- Collaborated with Leah on our Creative Play workshop in Boston.
- Led a Dream Box workshop in DC.
- Gave talks at the Creativity in Business conference in DC, at Sacramento Ladies Who Launch, and Oakland eWomen Network
- Half-way through a year-long Expressive Arts Teacher Training program with Chris Zydel.
- Co-led monthly calls with Kathy Loh on the Creative Artists community on the Co-Active Network.
- Began brainstorming with Britt Bravo, Lisa Sonora Beam, and Kimberly Wilson for a Creative Women Entrepreneur event next year.
- Did various interviews, guest posts, and podcasts.
- Participated regularly in bi-weekly Nurture Huddle calls (thanks so much for all your invaluable support and wonderful friendship this year, ladies!).
- Attended a writer’s retreat.
- Took SARK’s Juicy Pens Thirsty Paper workshop.
- Went regularly to Intuitive Painting classes and painted BIG!
- Participated in Art Every Day month for the third year.
- Did a birth chart astrology reading with Chris Zydel.
- Did morning journaling and read lots and lots of books.
Wealth & Abundance
- Created a new illustrated worksheet, Your Life in Bloom.
- Continued to make more passive income selling products.
- Worked with a bookkeeper to help with monthly reconciliations and Quickbooks stuff.
- Bought an original art piece from Leah at Blue Tree Art Gallery.
Health & Wellbeing
- Went to Kimberly Wilson’s Hip Tranquil Chick yoga retreat in NY.
- Attended yoga classes regularly and took a circus yoga class.
- Attended step, body conditioning, and Zumba classes regularly.
- Tried out Shimmy Pop for the first time!
- Did food craving sessions with Kara Sorenson and gave myself permission to spend a little more on healthy food.
- Finally learned how to use a neti pot without gagging or crying.
- Treated myself to getting a massage every once in a while.
- Honored my self-care Fridays.
- Spent quality time with Brian.
- Hung out with family and friends.
- Discovered a piece of family history thanks to a stranger.
- Eighth year of book club fun.
- Took a trip to Mexico with Brian.
- Befriended by the sweet, generous, and wonderful Amy.
- Had housecleaner come regularly.
- Organized my Unfolding Your Life Vision kit inventory in the garage and Brian cleared out a lot of the clutter in the garage, too. Yay!
- Organized my craft area.
- Got cracks in our stucco fixed so we won’t have any more leaks in the living room when it rains.
- Finally put a new latch on our kitchen closet to keep Emmett out of the trash (well, actually Brian did this when I was at my wits end cleaning trash from the floor, thanks honey!). Also created a new system for our recycling because when Emmett couldn’t get into the trash can, he went for the recycling bin!
Fun & Recreation
- Visited with friends in NY, Boston, and D.C. and had friends visit with me.
- Met some new cool people online and in person.
- Took a roadtrip with Leah, Melba, and Mindy to check out the Squam Art Fair.
- Completed my year-long creative project, Kiss the Paper, with Kate and Molly.
- Participated in Wreck This Journal and did my first vlogs.
- Discovered new favorite art supplies.
- Cuddled with my dog.
What are you celebrating from 2009? What acknowledgment will you give yourself?
Here’s to a rockin’ 2010! I’ve still got some year-in-review reflection to wrap up and then when I’m done, I’m excited to dive into Goddess Leonie’s delicious and dreamy 2010 Goddess Planner. These gorgeous and colorful pages are making me super excited about setting my intentions for the new year.