At the end of the year, I like to spend some time reflecting on what I learned and accomplished. First, I start making a list of all the things big and small that I’m celebrating. Then, I journal about what my big learnings were. I also enjoy doing something artsy and visual to commemorate the year, like the exploding box I made for 2008. For other creative ideas, check out my latest Musepreneur column on the wishstudio.
What I’m celebrating from 2009:
- Enjoyed working with more new clients and continuing to support my long-term clients. I’ve been blown away by the courageous and inspiring work they’ve all been up to this year.
- Went to Book Expo America in May with a book proposal and sell sheets in hand.
- Wrote and sent out book proposal for Right-Brain Business Plan in June.
- Signed book contract for Right-Brain Business Plan with New World Library in December. Woohoooo!!
- Set up affiliate program for Right-Brain Business Plan e-Book.
- Gave design facelifts to this blog, my Unfolding Your Life Vision kit site, and my Right-Brain Business Plan site.
- Led the Inner Muse group coaching teleclass.
- Held Right-Brain Business Plan workshops.
- Collaborated with Leah on our Creative Play workshop in Boston.
- Led a Dream Box workshop in DC.
- Gave talks at the Creativity in Business conference in DC, at Sacramento Ladies Who Launch, and Oakland eWomen Network
- Half-way through a year-long Expressive Arts Teacher Training program with Chris Zydel.
- Co-led monthly calls with Kathy Loh on the Creative Artists community on the Co-Active Network.
- Began brainstorming with Britt Bravo, Lisa Sonora Beam, and Kimberly Wilson for a Creative Women Entrepreneur event next year.
- Did various interviews, guest posts, and podcasts.
- Participated regularly in bi-weekly Nurture Huddle calls (thanks so much for all your invaluable support and wonderful friendship this year, ladies!).
- Attended a writer’s retreat.
- Took SARK’s Juicy Pens Thirsty Paper workshop.
- Went regularly to Intuitive Painting classes and painted BIG!
- Participated in Art Every Day month for the third year.
- Did a birth chart astrology reading with Chris Zydel.
- Did morning journaling and read lots and lots of books.
Wealth & Abundance
- Created a new illustrated worksheet, Your Life in Bloom.
- Continued to make more passive income selling products.
- Worked with a bookkeeper to help with monthly reconciliations and Quickbooks stuff.
- Bought an original art piece from Leah at Blue Tree Art Gallery.
Health & Wellbeing
- Went to Kimberly Wilson’s Hip Tranquil Chick yoga retreat in NY.
- Attended yoga classes regularly and took a circus yoga class.
- Attended step, body conditioning, and Zumba classes regularly.
- Tried out Shimmy Pop for the first time!
- Did food craving sessions with Kara Sorenson and gave myself permission to spend a little more on healthy food.
- Finally learned how to use a neti pot without gagging or crying.
- Treated myself to getting a massage every once in a while.
- Honored my self-care Fridays.
- Spent quality time with Brian.
- Hung out with family and friends.
- Discovered a piece of family history thanks to a stranger.
- Eighth year of book club fun.
- Took a trip to Mexico with Brian.
- Befriended by the sweet, generous, and wonderful Amy.
- Had housecleaner come regularly.
- Organized my Unfolding Your Life Vision kit inventory in the garage and Brian cleared out a lot of the clutter in the garage, too. Yay!
- Organized my craft area.
- Got cracks in our stucco fixed so we won’t have any more leaks in the living room when it rains.
- Finally put a new latch on our kitchen closet to keep Emmett out of the trash (well, actually Brian did this when I was at my wits end cleaning trash from the floor, thanks honey!). Also created a new system for our recycling because when Emmett couldn’t get into the trash can, he went for the recycling bin!
Fun & Recreation
- Visited with friends in NY, Boston, and D.C. and had friends visit with me.
- Met some new cool people online and in person.
- Took a roadtrip with Leah, Melba, and Mindy to check out the Squam Art Fair.
- Completed my year-long creative project, Kiss the Paper, with Kate and Molly.
- Participated in Wreck This Journal and did my first vlogs.
- Discovered new favorite art supplies.
- Cuddled with my dog.
What are you celebrating from 2009? What acknowledgment will you give yourself?
Here’s to a rockin’ 2010! I’ve still got some year-in-review reflection to wrap up and then when I’m done, I’m excited to dive into Goddess Leonie’s delicious and dreamy 2010 Goddess Planner. These gorgeous and