With 2009 just around the corner, I consciously cleared the clutter in my office to make room for wonderful things to come in the new year. (I also donated five bags to Goodwill last week!)
For the past few weeks, I’d been feeling burdened by lots of administrative obstacles in both my personal and professional life. And boy did the mess on my desk show that. I couldn’t even work there!
Ah, it feels so good to have a functioning and inspiring workspace again! I’m more focused and energized, which is a great way to kick off 2009.
Before jumping into the new year, though, I like to reflect on the past year. I already did a visual year in review. Taking the time to also write about 2008 helped me remember accomplishments both big and small that I want to celebrate as well.
As I reflect on the year, I come up with a title to capture the essence of what unfolded. Last year was “My year of integration: When it all came together.” This year was “My year of stepping out and being seen, speaking up and being heard,” which is based on my first happiness commandment. For someone who is usually behind the scenes, this was definitely a stretch for me. I challenged myself AND I had fun doing it!
My 2008 accomplishments:
- Expanded my business and worked with awesome clients
- Featured in two books – “The Girl’s Guide to Kicking Your Career Into Gear” and “The Vision Board: The Secret to an Extraordinary Life“
- Created two products – the Right-Brain Business Plan e-Book and the Unfolding Your Life Vision Kit
- Appeared on two TV shows
- Led Oakland Ladies Who Launch Incubators and helped fabulous women launch their businesses
- Contributed to the emerging field of Expressive Arts Coaching through leading calls on the Creative Artists community and presenting at SF Coaches
- Was a CTI Circle Coach for Quest in D.C. and Toronto
- Worked regularly with my book coach and wrote 20,000 words for my draft
- Led multiple dream box workshops and a Right-Brain Business Plan workshop
- Did various radio shows and podcasts and wrote a column
- Led a group coaching circle
- Had a booth with Kate at the LWL Be Your Own Boss event where I launched the Unfolding Your Life Vision Kit
- Had my first paid speaking engagement
- Took workshops to honor my value of personal growth: Inside Team Training to continue to deepen my coaching skills, a presentation skills class, Kimberly Wilson’s Yoga and Creativity workshop, The Intuitive Entrepreneur and an InterPlay class
- Participated in the Art Every Day Month Challenge and the 29 Gifts Challenge
- Volunteered through C.E.O. Women
- Served on the board of SF Coaches
Health and Well-being
- Found local yoga classes that I like and started to go regularly
- Went for hikes in nature
- Rediscovered my handstand in yoga
- Went for swims on hot, sunny days
- Ate lunch outside during the summer
- Spent quality time with Brian, including a nice date to see the Frida exhibit
- Relished in laughs and great food with my book club
- Visited my family in LA three times
- Spent time with friends and made new friends in real life and online
Wealth and Abundance
- Participated in a money circle and created my ideal budget
- Reached my financial goals for the year
- Made passive income and created multiple revenue streams
Fun and Recreation
- Took a spontaneous trip to London to visit dear friends
- Began a collaborative, creative project Kiss the Paper with Kate and Molly
- Had play dates with my creative playground friends to explore expressive arts
- Did yoga in the park and in my backyard
What did you celebrate in 2008? What is the title of your year?
Wishing you all the best in 2009!